tirsdag, oktober 04, 2005

Test of Sitecore V5 for ASP.NET 2.0

I used the last couple of days to make a test build of Sitecore for ASP.NET 2.0 and the results are looking very positive. The overall performance seams to have increased significantly and, of course, C#2.0 and VS2005 are a blast to work with. There are still some issues before a BETA release can be build including some cryptographic problems. However, it should be possible to have a working final release of Sitecore V5 for ASP.NET 2.0 at the same date as Microsoft releases .NET 2.0 (think it was on November the 14th.) and a BETA version mid October. These estimates are of course not official.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Thats great news! I remberer we've run into the encryption problems ourselves, so that license check was always failing.

What version of 2.0 do you use at the moment?

Runi Thomsen sagde ...

I installed the new RC of Visual Studio Team Systems (great by the way) which uses .NET runtime v2.0.50727.

I don’t know about the encryption yet, only that it does not work on 2.0. I should be able to come up with a solution pretty soon. For now, I just out-commented the entire encryption part. (I can do that because I have access to the code :-) )

When the encryption part is made to work on 2.0, it should be relatively easy to make it work on Mono as well … but that is another blog-post.